Last Updated: June 21, 2017
What Personal Information Does Retroscope Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store information you enter on our Services or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your username, email address and location. We may collect and process information about your actual location when you use the Services. We use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of the applicable operating system or browser and sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi- access points and cell towers. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Services, improving the content of the Services, customizing the content you and your friends see (including Retroscope or third-party content), and communicating with you about specials and new features. Your Services account will be associated with a Services ID or username, your email (when you log into the Services), and this account will be used for all our Services that you use. Additionally, if you use a Service without logging into that Service on a device and later log into a Service on that device, Retroscope will combine information that was collected about your use of the Service in a logged-out state with your Services account. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- All content that you create, share or post that you provide on or through the Services or that are provided on your behalf, including your mood/emotion/feelings, including information in or about the content you provide such as the location or the date a content was created. Information other people provide about you when using the Services including when they upload information about you. All communications with other users of the Services, directly or indirectly.
- Information we collect also includes Preferences information such as notification preferences.
- Children under 13: The Services are not directed to individuals who are younger than 13 years old.
How is My Information Shared?
- Friends and Followers:
- Friends on Retroscope: Your friends can see, for example, your location (as described in more detail below), username, a list of your friends, your mood/feelings/emotions, your posts or any content you create in the Services, and which Retroscope Services you use.
- Followers and people you follow on Retroscope: Followers can see your publicly available information and you can see the publicly available information of users you follow, as described below (under “Publicly Available Information and Apps”).
- Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in any content (location or otherwise) that you create in the Services.
- Businesses, Locations, Media, Events and Brands: One of the key purposes of the Services is to collect and provide businesses, locations, media, events and brands with feedback data (including mood/feelings/emotions) from you, for analytical or other purposes. Another key purpose of the Services is to help users learn about businesses, locations, media, events and brands that are relevant to them, and for these entities to provide information about themselves, their locations and events to users.
- When you visit a particular location and share content from that location, including your mood/feelings/emotions, that content may be shared with that location in order for that location to better provide services to you. Additionally, businesses, locations, media, events and brands may have access to aggregated and anonymous/or anonymous data, such as de-identified data about places that its followers visit (that is, not tied to individual users) and mood/feelings/emotions associated with that visit.
- Publicly Available Information and Apps: When you use the Services, certain information is public, such as your public user profile information, likes, posts (including your mood/feelings/emotions), and lists of friends and/or followers, and may be searchable by search engines and be shared with or disclosed to third parties, including through our API or SDK to a wide range of users and services. We may also share or disclose aggregated and/or anonymous data, such as de-identified location data (that does not identify an individual user), to third parties, including users you may follow, users of our API and our customers, for analytical or other purposes.
Determining and Sharing Location
Determining your location – The Services deal with location, so in order to work, the Services need to know your location. Whenever you open and use/interact with our apps on your mobile device, we use the location information from your mobile device or browser (e.g., latitude and longitude) to tailor the Services to your current location. This information is NOT shared with others.
Sharing Location with the Retroscope app – Your real-time location is not shared on the Retroscope app. Your location data is only shared with others when you proactively decide to post on the Retroscope app to tell the Services you’re at a particular place. If you write a post, like or otherwise interact with a content, users may infer that you have been to that location. Some content, like posts, are time stamped and other users could use that information to infer when you were at a location. Also, if you post content from a place, Retroscope will show your followers that you have been to that place. The location information shared with a post is the location information of that place.
Your Profile history – Each of your posts using the Services is saved to your “Profile” which allows you and your friends to look back at all the locations you have checked in since you created your Services account, and the associated mood/feelings/emotions. Each of your posts using the Services are also saved on the Explore page on our app and can be found via the “Search” page. You can delete any or all of your posts from the Profile page on our app. If for some reason you ever decide to delete your Services account, your entire post history will be removed from our database.
The Services include several features that may allow you to share your information with others. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Services, that information may be available to the wider Services community.
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of Retroscope and others:
- Business Transfers: If Retroscope or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that pickli sàrl goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of Retroscope and Others: We may release your information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Retroscope, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations.
What About Cookies and Similar Technologies?
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your Retroscope account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your mobile, computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Retroscope endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, Retroscope cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that our Services may be hosted on computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of the Sites or the Services or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information from your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
Retroscope allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the Services by visiting the user Profile page. This list will change as our Service changes.
- User profile information (for example, username)
- Usage information (for example, post history)
If you have questions about the Personal Information we have collected from you, you can email email@example.com.
How Do I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Services account, you may do so by contacting us via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you terminate your account, your profile, including your post history will be removed from the Service and eventually deleted from Retroscope’s servers. Because of the way we maintain Retroscope, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will retain information as required by applicable law and we will not delete any information that has already been aggregated or anonymized.
How Is Information Removed From My Account?
You can remove/change content or information that you have posted on the Services on your account and profile through the Services or you can ask us to remove it by writing to email@example.com. Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to: firstname.lastname@example.org.